Goals of the St. Pius X Library
Accelerated Reader Program
- To encourage and promote students to be life-long readers
- To provide instructional resources and services to the students, staff, and administration
- To teach students information literacy skills that are essential in our information and knowledge based society.
- To work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement a curriculum that encourages reading for enjoyment and information.
- Integrate library resources in print and online into the curriculum.
- Guide and assist students and staff in the use of new media and technology.
- Make essential reading practice more effective for every student.
- Personalize reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Assess students’ reading with four types of quizzes: Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice, Literacy Skills, and Textbook Quizzes.
- Build a lifelong love of reading and learning.
- Enables children to have access to over 145,000 AR quizzes.