St Pius X Parish was formed on July 7, 1957 with Father Roy Rihn as its first pastor, and 315 families. The spiritual and academic needs of children have always been a priority. In 1958 a kindergarten class was opened and plans for a parish school were in full swing. By September 1959, St. Pius X School opened its doors to students from Kindergarten to 8th Grade. Staffed by four Sisters of the Most Precious Blood from O'Fallon, Missouri and eight lay people, the rich tradition of academic excellence and spiritual leadership had begun. The school building was dedicated on November 1, 1959.
Throughout our history, St. Pius X School has been in the forefront of Catholic Education in the Archdiocese of San Antonio. It has always been our vision to guide young people in their development into Christian adults. Many changes have taken place since opening our doors in 1959, but the promotion of Catholic Christian values and the development of quality education have continued throughout the years.
Our campus has grown since 1957. We now have our elementary school with grades from PreK-3 through 8th grade, our sanctuary, adoration chapel, the Monsignor Martin Family Center, and our new Multipurpose building which houses our St. Pius X Gym, cafeteria, library, computer lab, and music room.
To reserve any of our facilities, please click on the "Facilities Rental" link.